An essential aspect of all our projects is to make recommendations on how to improve a site or area over the baseline condition in which we found it, and to ensure any expected impacts can be satisfactorily resolved.
Our work in this respect is varied, and intrinsically linked to the site/area we're addressing, informed by the features present or potentially present on site, and its context in the wider landscape. Reliable baseline data from survey work provides the essential basis for making recommendations for improvement.
In partnership with our network of specialists, we provide design advice for mitigation strategies including:
- site selection, masterplanning and layouts,
- built form and construction methods,
- landscaping and palette selection,
- ecological enhancements, translocation and habitat creation,
- offsetting measures such as the design, layout and location of semi-natural recreational areas.