We Are Recruiting: Ecologist / Assistant Ecologist
Updated October 2021
We’re currently advertising new opportunities to join our small, dynamic and expanding environmental consultancy. Our success is founded on the quality and wellbeing of our team, and we are committed to achieving mutual benefits through continuing professional development and positive workplace practices which value individuals.
We work in sectors including residential, commercial, education and renewable energy developments, transport infrastructure and local development planning.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an ecologist / assistant ecologist looking for their next challenge…
Ecologist / Assistant Ecologist
We are seeking qualified individuals with some experience to join in our ambitious growth and development plans. The role will be central to fulfilling project deliverables in our busy field work schedule.
You will have a good report writing skills and be competent in a broad range of field survey techniques. You will possess good personal and time management skills, and operate well in an environment of client-led priorities.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related discipline
- An MSc or PhD in a relevant subject would be highly beneficial
- Good experience in a broad range of ecological survey techniques, including habitat surveys and protected species surveys
- Ability to contribute to producing high quality technical outputs, including Phase 1 reports, PEAs, protected species survey reports, ecological mitigation/enhancement plans, etc
- Ecologist: You will hold Natural England survey licences for at least one species/groups
- Assistant Ecologist: You will either already hold a survey licence, or be making progress towards gaining your first licence
- Membership within the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or similar professional institute is essential (Graduate/Student, Associate or Full) – if you don’t have this already you will be encouraged to attain it in your first six months with us – and we’ll pay for it too!
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through written communication
- A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role as is the flexibility to work away on site when required
- Use of GIS software, particularly ArcGIS
- Working with other environmental disciplines
- Experience of working on licensed mitigation projects would be advantageous
- Experience of working with wider assessment processes would be advantageous e.g. Environmental/Ecological Impact Assessments and Habitats Regulations Assessments
- Ensuring that your task list of project deliverables are on track for delivery within time and budget
- Drafting high quality technical outputs for review
Benefits of the Role
- Developing your skills in a small but growing team
- CIEEM membership and dedicated personal development budget
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- 31 days annual leave
Role: Ecologist / Assistant Ecologist (ideally full time, but we’re flexible)
Base location: Brighton, but flexible working is offered
Salary range: £20K / £25K and up; commensurate with experience
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org